Ransomware is a type of malware (malicious software) which spammers use to extort money. The software will encrypt your data, preventing you from accessing it. Your Company is forced to pay a fee to decrypt the data.
Office 365 and Windows 10 provides diverse options to prevent Ransomware from encrypting your data:
- Windows Defender or any 3rd Party Anti-Virus Software to run daily scans and enable real time protection.
- Exchange Online Protection (EOP), to scan all emails and email attachments both entering and leaving the system for viruses and other malware. You should configure additional malware filtering from within the Exchange admin center.
- Advanced Threat Protection, for better zero-day protection to safeguard your messaging system. SafeLinks to hide malicious URLs that are redirected to unsafe sites.
- SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business, both services can detect Ransomware and detail steps for removal. Use versioning to protect and recover to earlier version of your files and folders.
- Use the Office 365 Security and Compliance Center to simulate a virus or malware attack in your environment.
Ransomware can be costly due to lost data and lost productivity. It’s best to be proactive in your plan to defend against ransomware attacks. CompuTech Consulting can help implement a plan to protect your Business against Ransomware attacks.
Call 704-499-8967 for a free consultation or fill out the contact form below.
Please fill out the form below to request support